Founded in 1913 and opened to the public in 1916, the CMA is internationally renowned for its highly select, 40,000 object collection of aesthetically superior art works from a broad array of cultures. Located in the University Circle area of Cleveland on 26 acres of lushly planted land in a complex of four buildings, the CMA is part of the centerpiece of an impressive gateway to the city. The CMA is supported by one of the most philanthropic communities in the country. The financial condition of the institution is strong with an annual budget of approximately $30 million. The museum is committed to its mission.....to fulfill its dual roles as one of the world's most distinguished comprehensive art museums and as one of northeastern Ohio's principal civic and cultural institutions...."for the benefit of all the people forever..."